There is nothing like having the smell of a clean and sanitised carpet freshen up the air and spruce the entire premises. But then again, most commercial carpet cleaning products are filled with countless harmful chemicals. If you actually take some time to read and research about the contents of a commercial cleaning product, you will see that most of them are hazardous for both carpets and humans. This is where DIY carpet cleaning solutions come in to freshen up your premises and your mood. By making your own cleaning product with natural contents, you have complete control over the ingredients which will be used on your carpet. No chemical will make the cut unless you add it yourself.
When choosing what is best for your home décor investment, it’s nice to have this control over cleaning solutions. That’s why today we will share with you top five recipes for DIY carpet cleaning solutions. As you will see, most of these homemade solutions are simple and easy to make with most ingredients already available in your kitchen.
Top 5 DIY Carpet Cleaning Solutions
The best thing about any DIY plan, even making a carpet cleaning solution, is that you can make it a fun project for your kids. Keep them busy in something creative and useful. Children are curious about DIY tasks anyway. So try to channel this curiosity into an everyday task such as making a carpet cleaning solution.
Before we start our list, it’s important to note that you must vacuum your entire carpeting thoroughly before applying any homemade or Commercial Carpet Cleaning Solution in Melbourne. Otherwise, dirt, crumbs, and other pollutants will get in the way of cleaning agents, reducing the overall efficiency of your cleaning solution.
DIY Foul Odour Removal Solution
If you notice a foul stink every time you enter the room, it might be coming from your carpets. And this can be an indicator of mould infestation in carpet padding or uncleaned pet stains. Our DIY solution of choice for foul odour is the good old vinegar.
- Take four small bowls (depending on the size of your carpet) and fill them with diluted vinegar.
- Place all bowls in the room with stinking carpet – at a certain distance from each other – and close all doors and windows of that room. Allow the vinegar solution to sit overnight.
- By morning, the vinegar would have absorbed foul odour from your carpeting.
- If the odour recurs within a few days then hire a professional carpet technician to find the root source of the problem.
You can also sprinkle small amount of baking soda on a spill to prevent foul odour prior to cleaning it. Let it sit for a few minutes then vacuum it up.
DIY Spot Cleaning Solution
If your kitchen or dining room has a carpet flooring, you will find this DIY cleaning solution recipe a lifesaver. Our expert carpet technicians recommend using liquid dish soap to get rid of minor spots in carpets.
- Mix two tablespoons of liquid dish soap with one cup of warm water. Pour the solution in a spray bottle.
- You can add a few drops of essential oils to make the solution slightly more effective and scented.
- Sprinkle a pinch of baking soda on the affected area of carpeting and allow to sit overnight. Next morning, use a vacuum cleaner to remove baking soda from carpet.
- Now, spray your DIY carpet solution on the spot and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Use a rag cloth to soak up excess moisture from your carpet by dabbing it lightly.
- Allow the carpet to dry naturally when you are done.
DIY Stain Removal Solution
Moving on to the next DIY recipe, we have our homemade stain removal solution. For this, you will need a spray bottle, one cup of club soda, one cup of vinegar, and two tablespoons of liquid dish soap.
- Start by mixing all the ingredients mentioned above and pouring them in the spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle well before using it.
- Spray the solution on the carpet stain and allow it to sit on the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a clean rag cloth to dab the solution and dry the carpet properly.
DIY Carpet Deodorizer
Here’s a simple and easy to follow ideas for homemade DIY carpet deodorizer.
- Take a small bowl of baking soda and add 5 to 10 drops of scented essential oils in it.
- Alternatively, you can also use powdered cinnamon or vanilla essence.
- Scatter the DIY carpet deodorizer evenly on your carpet floor and allow it to sit for six to eight hours.
- Vacuum the scattered baking soda.
Whom to Trust?
Call us today to Schedule Treatment with Same Day Carpet Cleaning professional carpet technicians. You can book an appointment as per your suitability and convenience. We have a large team of technicians with more than 20 years of experience in professional carpet cleaning services. You can also contact us by filling out the small contact form on the right side of your screen. Our team will get back to you in no time at all.